1. Get a statement scarf. Choose a scarf with all of your favorite colors, no boundaries with a color limit on this one. This summer, wear basics with your scarf as the defining piece to your outfit. This Betsey Johnson ‘Gypsy Rose’ pleated scarf is the perfect way to add summer fun to your day.
2. Although wedge sandals are perfect for an evening dinner, the next investment piece is a stylish & fun sandal to wear during the day. Add a touch of metallic to your look by wearing Steve Madden’s ‘Cufff’ Sandal. If you’re still looking for a touch of heel, I recommend a lower wedge sandal like Steve Madden’s ‘Nanncy’ Sandal.
3. It’s that time of year when it is no longer acceptable to wear your “go-to” polishes of black, deep red or navy. For those, like me, who find it difficult to find that bright polish color that will go with just about any outfit, look no further and try Essie’s ‘Butler Please’ royal blue nail polish. Of course, if you’re on the edge about blue, my go to second options are China Glaze’s ‘For Tiffany’ and Essie’s ‘Tart Deco.’
4. You loved your denim jacket during the spring, but now that you’re facing 80 – 100 degree weather, how are you going to compromise? I recommend getting a sleeveless denim jacket, a perfect accessory for your favorite maxi dress. I recommend Artizia’s Talula ‘Acton’ Vest, available in both dark and lighter denim.
5. I love statement necklaces, but I have found that I no longer want a bright yellow chunky necklace taking over my entire outfit; I no longer want my clothes to accessorize my jewelry. Instead, this summer it’s all about gold necklaces that make a subtle statement. I recommend this Geometric Pendant Necklance from Urban Outfitters.
6. I don’t understand why I haven’t purchased a casual maxi dress until this season. This style seriously is the best thing that has happened to me this summer. Maxi Dresses are comfortable, breathable and so easy to move around in for your daily activities! Plus, it can transfer from a casual day look to a dressed-up look just by switching a few accessories. I’ve already invested in a black maxi and a striped one, but now have my eye on this Striped Roll-Sleeve Maxi Dress from Gap.
7. Sunglasses. It’s always nice to invest in a new pair to wear each summer, so this summer it’s all about the Cat-Eye style. Try finding a pair in a new color, like this Alexander McQueen Pair that come in navy.